- Sash: A moveable frame that holds the window glass. Double-hung windows are made of more than one moveable sashes.
- Muntins: Strips of wood that divide the sash into smaller segments of glass, called lites.
- Mull: Used for joining two or more windows together
- Flashing: A thin layer of water-proof material usually made of metal that prevents water from entering the joints of the window, reducing the risk of water damage.
- R-Value: The standard for measuring the efficiency of insulation. The higher the value of insulation, the better.
In addition, fixed windows can also be combined with operable windows to save money. The next most important factor is color. If you are looking for replacement windows Pasadena, pay attention to the color of your house and purchase windows accordingly. While some manufacturers offer a limited range of colors, Index offers a wide range of replacement windows in various colors to match your home décor and exterior design.
In today’s world, window hardware should coordinate with other hardware options in your home. Opt for affordable Milgard windows in Glendale to make the most of your purchase.